• Copy the image,you want to display in the left pan of web view of any folder, in 'c:/windows/web'.|
• Now open 'c:/windows/web/folder.htt' in notepad.
• Search for "wvleft.bmp" (This name should be near "BACKGROUND:" ).
• Replace this name with your image name including extension (you can place also animated gif image).
• Save this file & close all folders.
• Image will change universally for all folder when next time open, But the drive folder (generally c:/) where Windows98 is installed & My Computer folder will not be affected.
• You can change image for only drive folder("c:/") individually.
NOTE: You can edit image for individual folder also. For this, open that folder and right click anywhere > click "Customize" > choose first option > Now edit file name same as above > save it > Refresh folder.